Do BringDownload the PDF
- Clothing – For detox only, please bring clothing for 5 days. You will not be allowed to store more than that on the unit. If you will be going to detox and residential, or just residential, please bring clothing for 7 days. You will be able to use laundry facilities. Clothing should be weather appropriate, and you are expected to cover appropriately.
- Hygiene and toiletries – You are expected to provide hygiene and toiletry products (alcohol-free). Shower shoes are recommended. Electric shavers and blow dryers are permitted. Laundry soap (unopened), and dryer sheets are permitted.
- Electronics – Alarm/clock radios are permitted (volume and usage at staffs’ discretion).
- Insurance and ID card (insurance card is required if your insurance is paying for your stay). Identification is also required.
- Proof of residency is required for those admitting through PACE (Oakland County) or Macomb CMH (Macomb County)
- Prescription medication (must be labeled and recent). You must bring a supply adequate for your length of stay. Controlled substances are not permitted/dispensed.
- If you are a smoker, factory-packed cigarettes in cellophane are permitted. Cigarette packs must be sealed. Electronic cigarettes are permitted. Nicotine patches are permitted as well.
- Food and Drink – Unopened, non-caffeinated beverages are permitted (no glass containers). Food items must be pre-packaged/sealed, and have an expiration date on the label. Pre-packaged/sealed microwavable foods are permitted. Food items must have nutritional value, and the amount of items brought in is limited to five grocery bags. Please call for specifics. Fruits and vegetables are the ONLY exceptions for non-perishable food items, but must come pre-packaged as well (i.e. fruit cups, sealed fruits and vegetables, etc.). Decaffeinated coffee permitted in residential only.
- We recommend you bring envelopes, writing paper, and stamps.
- Bring enough money to pay your insurance co-pay. You will be asked to pay upon admission.
Please note that Meridian Health Services reserves the right to restrict any item, even if not listed, that has the potential to pose a threat to the safety of patients or staff, or any item that may compromise the integrity or wholesomeness of the program or recovery environment.
Do NOT Bring
- Clothing – cut-offs, tank tops, clothing that is tight, clothing that has branding for tobacco, alcohol and/or other drugs, inappropriate language or sexually suggestive material.
- No glass or aerosol containers
- No curling irons or hair straighteners
- Electronics – Do not bring iPads, iPods, cell phones, Nooks, Kindles, or any other valuable electronics.
- No batteries or battery-operated devices are allowed on the units.
- No narcotics or any other controlled substances, or paraphernalia.
- Tobacco – No chewing tobaccos, loose tobacco, snuff or rolled cigarettes. Vaporizers are not permitted.
- Food/Drink – Do not bring perishable food items. No glass containers, chocolate, food or drinks w/ caffeine, or gum.
- No valuables including rings, watches, jewelry, wallets, debit/credit cards, etc. We are not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Do not bring more cash than co-pay and an additional $50.00.