Meridian Health Services offers driver’s license assessments for those who would like to earn back driving privileges. You do not need to be a participant in one of Meridian’s therapy programs to get the assessment.
Driver’s license assessments take three hours, cost $345 and include the following:
- A clinical interview with licensed evaluators, including review of substance use history
- Review of letters confirming sobriety to ensure proper format and content
- Review of your master driving record
- A completed packet with all forms, assessments, results and support group attendance logs that you can then submit to the Secretary of State.
You must call to schedule an appointment for an assessment. Driver’s license assessments are offered at our facilities in Waterford, Pontiac, Redford, Monroe, Flint and Macomb.
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Master driving record (from Secretary of State)
- Three to six letters confirming your sobriety. Letters must include this information:
- how long the person has known you
- how often the person sees you
- the last time the person saw or had knowledge of you drinking or using a controlled substance
- the amount of alcohol or drug use the person saw you consume when they last witnessed it
- what social activities you participate in that involve drugs or alcohol
- the person’s knowledge of your past or current involvement in treatment or support groups
- The person’s name, phone number, and address
- Copies of probation or parole discharge
- All support group attendance logs plus a letter from sponsor or therapist
- Dates and locations of any treatment received, plus discharge paperwork
- Ignition Interlock Final Report if you had this restriction